Salary Pay Range: L18 – 24
Start date: As soon as possible / January 2021
The Governing Body is looking for a Head Teacher who:
- Is a committed practising Catholic, with a distinct vision of Catholic Education in the 21st Century, who will cherish and support the Catholic ethos of our school.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues.
- Will continue to raise aspirations, standards and achievements for all our children.
- To secure high quality teaching and learning and work towards an outstanding judgement at the next full Ofsted inspection.
- Has proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement.
- Is committed to the further development of the partnership with the Parish, parents, and the wider community.
- Who can respond to the changing demography of the local area.
In return we offer:
- Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
- Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development.
- A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school.
- A close working relationship with parents, the Parish and partner schools.
- An exciting opportunity to make a real difference.
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School is an inner city school in Walworth, South East London in the Archdiocese of Southwark, with good transport links across the capital.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will nurture the children and lead the staff to excel. We are keen to appoint a leader who will ensure that English Martyrs’ School will continue to provide a broad curriculum, rooted in gospel values. As a practising Catholic, your drive and vision will help us to continue to maximise the development and achievements of all our children, as well as contributing to our local communities. You will be warmly welcomed by our enthusiastic children who are proud of their school and their achievements, our committed and motivated staff, engaged parents and a supportive Governing Body.
We welcome your interest. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs N Johnstone on 0207 703 4726 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be sent to:
Mr Patrick Gillespie – Chair of Governors
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School
Flint Street, Walworth, London SE17 1RB
Closing date: noon Monday 12th October 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 13th October 2020
Formal Interviews: 22nd October 2020
Application Forms – Notes to Applicants – English Martyr’s Southwark
Application Form-Senior Leadership – English Martyr’s Southwark
Candidate Letter – Sept 2020 – English Martyr’s Southwark
Consent to Obtain References Form – English Martyr’s Southwark
Head Teacher Job Description- English Martyr’s Southwark
Headteacher Personal Specification – English Martyr’s Southwark
Recruitment Monitoring Form – English Martyr’s Southwark
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974- Disclosure Form – English Martyr’s Southwark
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of all our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications.