Post available from 1st September 2021.
School: Two-form entry primary with nursery – Group 3
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary range: £62,066 – £82,277 (L11 – L24), with flexibility for outstanding experience & expertise
The Governing Body of St Winfred’s Primary School is seeking an ambitious, experienced individual with a commitment to and track record of teamwork, leadership and improvement. You will brin your own ideas and vision, and implement them in a collaborative way with the Governing Body, staff and wider community.
You would join a successful school of 419 children and 70 staff with a proud 120-year history that aspires to continuous improvement. A major physical redevelopment preceding a 2018 unification of nursery, infant and junior schools created state-of-the-art facilities, which complement a healthy financial situation and a school community flourishing academically and pastorally.
As a part of the Our Lady of Lourdes parish within the Catholic Diocese of Southwark, our school community is founded on and lives out the values of the Gospel. We are therefore looking for a practising Catholic to take up the role.
What our school community offers:
• Financially well-managed with a budgetary surfeit.
• Strong academic performance, exceeding national and borough-wide attainment levels.
• Integrated nursery and primary school with well-equipped facilities redeveloped in 2017 to include two halls, new ICT suite, multi-use games area and landscaped grounds.
• Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted across Overall effectiveness and individual categories in October 2018, observing “most pupils making strong progress” and “an overwhelming majority of parents and carers say[ing] the school is well led and managed and would recommend it to others”.
• Centre of excellence for supporting children with Special Educational Needs and funded to pioneer a carbon neutral school approach as part of the RAFT project.
• Supportive infrastructure including an active PTA and professional support from a strong Senior Leadership Team, Southwark Diocese, Catholic Head Teachers Network and the Council-supported Lewisham Learning partnership of local school leaders.
On behalf of our children and community, we are looking for an individual who:
• Is a practising Catholic that will engage and lead the school community in its mission for Catholic education in the school;
• Creates and leads successful strategies for planning, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating school improvement;
• Has the ability to develop and maintain a positive culture of high expectation and performance across the school community (staff, students and parents/carers);
• Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of current educational issues, progressive teaching practices and commitment to the delivery of an inspiring curriculum;
• Has experience of and commitment to use of technology and blending learning;
• Is capable of setting clear targets and allocating the resources to achieve them;
• Is proficient at effectively performance managing staff, determining professional development needs and providing mentoring; and
• Has a commitment to prioritising the health and wellbeing of staff and pupils and understanding the wider impact on education.
We welcome applications from existing headteachers, heads of school, deputies and assistant head teachers who fulfil the Person Specification.
A site visit to experience the school first-hand is encouraged (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions).
For an application pack, please visit the School’s website at https://www.swcps.lewisham.sch.uk/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Clerk of the Governing Body).
Data Notice: Please note that all personal data provided will be stored securely for the required period.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 18th January 2021
Shortlisting: By Friday 22nd January 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd February 2021
St Winifred’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.