Salary in the region of £67,364 to £83,971 depending on experience, academic qualifications and performance record.
Governors of St Bede’s Catholic College are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational
Vice Principal to the leadership team within our College.
St Bede’s has a superb reputation locally, within the Diocese and nationally. Our specialist subjects are those of Science and Sports. We are recognised by the Diocese as an Outstanding Catholic school and work closely with SSAT supporting the Leadership Legacy project. In addition, we hold a Beacon status for Holocaust Education, the Geography Quality Mark and an award from the Incorporated Society of Musicians in recognition of excellence in Music. More recently we have been recognised for ‘Leadership through moral purpose’, ‘engaging with evidence and research’ and for our outstanding results by SSAT. The College has also recently been awarded the Leading Parent Partnership award in recognition of our work with parents.
The ideal person for this post will be a practising Catholic and have:
- A track record as an outstanding teacher
- Vision, creativity, energy and ambition
- A deep knowledge about teaching and learning
- A determination to ensure no student is left behind
- A good understanding of data, timetabling and the curriculum
- Experience and success within a leadership team
- An ability to lead in all pastoral care matters
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Total commitment to securing high standards from and through others
- The ability to lead and inspire colleagues
If you are an existing member of a successful leadership team, a strategic thinker with the skills,
ability and passion to help young people flourish within a great college, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A relocation package may be available and salary negotiable for an appropriately experienced candidate.
Closing date is noon on Wednesday 21st April 2021
Further information and application details are available from our website: www.stbedescc.org, by emailing the Principal, Garry Maher, at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephoning the college on 0117 377 2216.
How to apply for the post of Vice Principal
This vacancy has arisen following the promotion of the current post holder to Principal.
Please read our prospectus, the Ofsted and Diocesan reports, all available on our website.
Then, if you:
- like what you read about St Bede’s Catholic College
- meet the criteria of this exciting leadership position
- wish to be considered to be our Vice Principal,
please complete the application form and send it to the address below with a Letter of Application and one page of A4 outlining your “Philosophy of Education” alongside details of the examination performance of the children you have taught for the past two years.
These should be sent for the attention of:
The Clerk to Governors,
St Bede’s Catholic College, Long Cross, Bristol, BS11 0SU
Tel: 0117 377 2216
and received by noon on Wednesday 21st April 2021.
Visits to the college can be arranged.