Job start date: September 2021
We are looking for a Head of PE Department who is well qualified, enthusiastic and enjoys instilling students with a love of sports for September 2021. We welcome applications from experienced teachers who have a passion for PE and are dedicated to enabling students to make excellent progress.
St Edmund’s Catholic School is a small, caring community where students and staff thrive. It is an excellent place to teach and learn. It is part of Kent Catholic Schools’ Partnership, one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the country, consisting of 5 secondary schools and 19 primary schools.
In December 2019 St Edmund’s Catholic School was awarded ‘Outstanding’ in our Section 48 Inspection.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join our lovely school of 500 students aged 11-16, supported by a hugely talented and hard-working staff team.
- Polite, respectful, committed students who are positive and active learners.
- Excellent professional development and guidance.
- We are a socially inclusive and equal opportunities academy and committed to and actively promote equal opportunities for all our students and staff.
What we want from you:
- A well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in classroom settings;
- The ability to teach PE across the age and ability range up to GCSE level;
- A commitment to the extra-curricular activities, providing students with a safe and exciting range of activities;
- The talent, interpersonal skills and range of teaching skills necessary to contribute to the success of the staff team;
- The commitment to care for everyone in our school community;
- A passion for teaching and learning that energises young people and allows them to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for their futures;
- The enthusiasm to develop this subject and an ambitious vision for the future;
- To support the Catholic ethos of our school.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To apply and view more information, please visit our website and look on our vacancies section.
Interviews and closing date:
Closing date: 4:00pm Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews: Taking place on the week commencing Monday 26th April 2021
If you would like an informal visit to the School, please contact Mrs C Sedgwick on 01304 201551x 217.
Old Charlton Road, Dover, Kent, CT16 2QB
Telephone: 01304 201551 email: email@example.com
Academy Principal: Mrs G Parsons M.Ed
Executive Principal: Mr M Walters BA (Hons) NPQH