Salary – Main Pay Scale
Required – 1st September 2021
Contract/Duration – Permanent, Full-Time
Location – London Borough of Lewisham, London
Do you want to harness your passion for teaching to become an aspirational practitioner?
Are you excited to join a supportive and collaborative team?
Are you interested in ensuring that children realise their own full potential?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Primary Teacher to join our Academy. This post is suitable for an NQT who would be joining a strong performing department with opportunities for mentoring and coaching from highly rated classroom practitioners.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
- Self-reflective and dedicated to developing their own practice
- Have a genuine commitment to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
- Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
- In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
- Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
- Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
- Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for Newly Qualified Teachers
- A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
- Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
- Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let you light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply
For an application pack or to book an Academy tour, please contact Elena Field on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7259 8770.
Closing: 3:00pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interviews: Friday 30th April 2021